When a discussion of leadership takes place do you ever ask what is leadership strategy?
For that matter do leaders actually have the answer to that, or are they just making it up as they go along?
What is leadership strategy first presumes that you understand what it takes to be a leader, what the characteristics of leadership are – and how they dovetail together to create the answer to the question of hat is leadership strategy.
For example, as a leader do you demonstrate empathy, kindness, and commitment in ways that encourage others to follow you?
Do you regularly collaborate with your successful peers, before making decisions that will effect those whose trust in your judgement is a central component in their willingness to see you are THEIR leader?
And while leading are your management shills developed well enough to insure you are leading in the right direction?
For example, do you look at leadership and business management separately, as being two different disciplines requiring two different people?
Maybe that’s true – but, based on my experience if you want your company to grow and evolve, to fully address what is leadership strategy you need to be both a leader and a manager.
This is not the answer to what are leadership skills unless you simply want to maintain the status quo. If that’s the case then all that you need to do is “manage” people – which is something quite different from leading them.
In business as in nature, everything is either growing or it is dead. Your business may be dead, if you think you can manage your way out of today’s economic environment.
You may think you can manage your way around your competitors. Or you may think you can manage your way to greater profitability. Well that might work for the short term, and the short term gets shorter and shorter all the time.
Assuming that you want your company to grow, here’s a look at business leadership management, a combined approach that can help you become an effective leader. You probably already know how to manage. But, do you know how to inspire and encourage creativity?
And it is your employees who will determine whether you are a leader or not. They will let you know by following you – unless they choose not to. Leaders must inspire followers to follow them of their own accord.
In order to inspire, you need to have a vision; where you want your company to be. And, you need to share that vision with your employees. Inspirational leadership and business management can and should go hand in hand.
In search of what is leadership strategy, many managers literally kill creativity by requiring their employees to perform mundane tasks on a daily basis. That’s boring, leading to poor workmanship, accidents, workplace conflict – all sorts of things, and none of them good for business.
Effective leadership strategies development will make work fun – not with everybody running around playing practical jokes on one another, but fun in the sense that they enjoy being there and feel productive spending time in collaboration with one another.
Your employees will look forward to coming in every day. They will be more productive and your business will continue to grow. You can tell right away how successful your new work environment is working out by consulting your sick leave rolls, your employees trips to the doctor, and the workplace grievances filed in HR.
In order to progress, you need to manage and lead. Think of yourself as two people. You are the manager that averts threats and reduces weaknesses. But, you are also the leader that seizes opportunities and amplifies strengths.
Learning how to do this is not simple. It won’t happen overnight, but you did not get into the situation overnight either. You need to realize that you will make mistakes and be willing to change your own ways of doing things.
What is leadership strategy? It is about getting your employees to abandon their old habits, if necessary. But, it may also be about giving up your own habits. Just because that’s the way it was done in the past has nothing to do with how you will approach it in the future If your strategy is not working, if your people are not producing and your business is not growing, then you may be the one that needs to change.
Look at what you normally do on a daily basis. Are you a hands-on manager that interferes with employee productivity? If so, you and your company can benefit from a “what is leadership strategy” seminar. It is a long subject. What you have read here is only the tip of the iceberg. Knowledge is your key to success.
And success results from one thing and one thing only! Success comes from making better decisions. It’s that simple, not easy to do on your own however. In fact the most successful leaders among us, in every walk of life, systematically reach out to their hand-picked accountability partner for insights and advice.
Most of us rely on occasional, often coincidental connections with our peers for the insights that could make all the difference. Conversely business owners who regularly integrate the experiences of their successful industry peers, when considering what is leadership strategy, into their decision making process will certainly outpace those who simply set goals and hope for the best. Effective business leaders know that when you make better decisions you get better results. They also know that their best decisions are those made in collaboration with people whose success they respect and whose opinions they trust. It is universally true that when we harness to power of our peers, we make better decisions 100% of the time. Find out how this is possible!
- What is Leadership Strategy: A 22 Question Leadership Test – “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden There’s a big difference between just being a team leader, and leading so that people will willingly want to follow you. …
- What is Leadership Strategy: Get Started on The Right Foot With Your Family Business Succession Planning Meetings – The key to a successful family business succession planning conference, one that moves the ball forwards, gives you people the sensation that progress is being made and convinces them that they shouldn’t miss what’s coming, is actually straightforward. …
- What is Leadership Strategy: Farm Succession Planning With a Coach? – Small business coaches have become a critical member of the business planning team. In the 21st Century we will see their role expand exponentially in importance, especially among the members of successful family owned companies. ….
- Business Strategic Development
- Shannon Switzer: Importance of Succession Planning Process
- What Are Family Business Leadership Characteristics?
- What Is Your Company’s Leadership Profile?
- Trevor Wilson: How to Address Rampant Employee Disengagement? Recognize Human Equity
- Ten Reasons Why Strategic Planning Fails
- The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
- Key HR Strategies to Help Minimize EEO Risks in 2013
- Building the Foundation of the Pay-for-Performance Enterprise
- Scenario-Planning for Your Future Workforce
- Leadership strategies for a changing healthcare world - McKnight's Long Term Care News
- UPDTED A study in contrasting leadership styles where failure is not ...
- The 3 leadership styles all successful leaders use!! - RecruitingBlogs
- Leadership Styles: The micromanager